Erfahrungsbreicht.... viele neue Infos zu SC II

Hier könnt ihr über das Spiel diskutieren. Bitte nur Beiträge erstellen die auch mit Starcraft 2 zu tun haben.

Moderatoren: Exekutor[NHF], Deathwing, GarfieldKlon, G A F, SaVi

Antworten
Slit_Zurifa
Goliath

Erfahrungsbreicht.... viele neue Infos zu SC II

Beitrag von Slit_Zurifa »

Da folgender Erfahrungsbericht noch nicht offiziell hier im Forum enthalten ist, stell ich ihn einfach mal rein, sowie eine Aktualisierung:
A: I'm not sure if it heals while transporting wounded units, but I think it does. And yes it heals units at range.

Can you give us ballpark cost estimates for the new Zerg units?
The Roach costs about the same as a Hydralisk and most units that aren't new cost about the same. The Baneling morph is already known, it's about another 75 minerals. I believe the Ultralisk is 200/200

How were the Queen's abilities managed? How much did her structures cost? Did you pay in energy or resources?

The Queen's abilities were mostly based on cooldown although one was based on mana. The building swarming ability costs 75 mana. The construction of buildings varies between 30 minerals (creep tumor) and 75 minerals (sunken thing) and has a 15 second cooldown. But you can just queue them up and she'll build as many in a row as you want.

Did the Lurker still morph from the Hydralisk? You said the Hydralisk Den was Tier 3... which would make the Lurker, tier 4?

Yes, the lurker morphed from the Hydralisk. The upgrade to be able to do so was a researched upgrade but I did not mention the Zerg's new upgrade system in my article. Each unit has a "level up" system of upgrades. So instead of upgrading all melee or all ranged attacks, now you upgrade individual units. So you can have level 1, 2, or 3 zerglings. At level 1 they get speed, 2 they get attack and armor and increased attack rate, etc... So it has revolutionized the way the Zerg upgrade.

Actually, a general tech tree update would help a lot....

I will try to get to this when I get home.

Can you elaborate on how upgrading the Queen works?

The Queen is upgraded similarly to a Lurker. You just "grow" her to the next level whenever you have the appropriate tech and resources. However, if she is killed you will need to generate a new Queen that will be back at level 1.

Do buildings do different things when infested? What do infested Protoss buildings do? Is it reversible?

The Protoss buildings CAN be infested, but right now no Protoss infested units have been completed. So right now Protoss infested buildings produce Infested Terrans. The ability is not reversible.

What abilities are natural and what have to be researched?

Not sure what you mean by this....

Can Zerg buildings be infested? Can Zerg air units be corrupted? (Is it ugly? It's ugly, isn't it?)

Actually, that's a very interesting question, and one I don't have the answer to as I didn't try it.

So how do they look like? Are the portraits of old units similar to what they've been? Are there alot of changes to voices/lines or more things like changing Adun to Tassadar etc?

The Thor sounds like Schwarzenegger, which is REALLY funny... but otherwise a lot of the old unit sounds are still being used as well as portraits. If I remember more I'll try to mention them.

btw. Is Hydralisk really that incomplete? On the main sc2 site it doesn't have animation indicating hitting an air target, was it noticable in the build you've played?

The Hydralisk was fully playable and targeted ground and air units. I'm not a big fan of its animation ATM because it looks like its swimming.

Do other Zerg suffer from it as well?

Not sure what you're referring to.

Does it flow like the first?

Despite being "fastest" the game progresses incredibly fast. Tech is very quick, mostly because you already start with 6 probes. Overall the game is much faster paced. Even the units move more quickly.

Are the cartoony graphics not an issue while playing it?

The graphics didn't seem cartoony to me at all in gameplay, the new graphics looked great.

How many games did you play?

We played for around 4 hours total. About an hour of that was just screwing around with the races, another hour and a half was playing just pickup games as different races, and then the remaining time was spent in a 2v2 tournament.

Did you get to try previous stats and builds of units, e.g. the focused beam Colossus. If so or not, in your honest opinion which did you like better, and which worked better?

We only got to try the latest build, which had the Colossus' new attack. But I can tell you that this attack is MUCH more devastating than the old. Four or more Colossus together are unstoppable by any ground force that I tried. The Seige Tank might do the job, but I'm unsure of that.

Are Zerg very vulnrable early game if they get rushed with 9+ Zealots?

Yes. It is much more difficult to stop Zealots with Zerglings at this time than it was in SC1. Swarm Clutches definitely help in the same capacity that the Sunken used to, but again it's tough early game for the Zerg. Roaches are very effective against Zealots, however, because of their high regen rate. A single Zealot will do hardly any damage to a Roach 1 on 1.

Did you use the Thor, if so was it really that effective?

The Thor is VERY effective against air units. It is unimpressive against ground units. It also moves rather quickly for its size.

MBS is very interesting, but at this time I think it affects the 3 races drastically differently. I think it favors the Protoss very heavily because they are reliant on a number of Gateways to produce their units whereas before you had to individually click, now you can produce any number of units at once.

The Terran are quite different because they have the Reactor which doubles a building's production. So really the Terran have LESS production buildings than before and so the MBS isn't as much of an advantage.

In last place on the MBS front is the Zerg. They already had MBS in that they could select all their larvae at once. While its a bit easier now, it's just a different way of doing things.

Also, the unlimited unit selection is rather nice. Units move in a fluid way even when you select a bunch of different types of units. There's no real confusion, it's just different. I think it's a great characteristic of the game, but it does diminish the need for hotkeying your forces. However, in order to effectively use the different units in your army, you will still need to hotkey.

The Marauder slows enemy units to a stop every time it hits it. It's like you're hitting them with a shotgun. They stop for a moment, then proceed at normal speed. But when you spraying the enemy ranks with these shots, it will slow a large group of units very nicely.

The Immortals are very costly for the service they provide. They do around 20 damage if I'm not mistaken (I didn't specifically write all the damages of all the units out, and bonuses are very hard to track), which is the same as the Stalker. So its shields are its primary asset.

The Thor I am very unsure of, but I know it has 300 HP. It doesn't significant damage to air units, much in the same way a WWII flak cannon does damage. The attack is very effective against groups of Mutalisks and is much more damaging to them, specifically, than psi storm ever was. My group of mutas was absolutely demolished by two or three shots from one Thor.

The Jackal is very effective against large groups of units, but once against its attack isn't very strong. I believe it does 10 damage (again I'm not 100% on this number), so its not especially damaging to individual units. It has a bonus of +5 against armor as I remember.

The Banshee is another unit that has changed a lot. It no longer does AoE damage, but it is nevertheless extremely effective. I never used the unit as Terran so I'm unsure of the exact damage amount, but I would guess it does around 30 damage. It absolutely destroys ground units of all types and is very effective against buildings as well. I'm unsure how well they do against Cannons and base defenses, however. Stalkers are a good counter because they can blink under the Banshee and the Banshees seem to have trouble shooting units directly underneath them. Also, they have a relatively low HP of about 150 (This is an estimate again).

How effective is it to tech up to build a mothersip as the protoss at this stage? For example: is the cloak usefull, and has the planet cracker the strength to do decent damage, or is it still weak? Also, what is that ability or channeling thing that the Queen has in the newest zerg trailer? Or is that just a unit stance?

The Mothership is very powerful, but I have yet to confirm whether you can build one per player, or multiple Motherships. I saw one player build 3-4 during one game, but its possible that those were other players' Motherships. When I built one, it grayed out once I had one, so I'm unsure.

The Mothership has very strong abilities, including Void, which is basically its old Black Hole ability. It is casted, and then 5 seconds later begins to destroy everything within range, air or ground.

The Cloak is a rather expensive upgrade and I did not opt to use it because I felt it was too expensive. However, I tested it later and it has a nice large area of effect. It cloaks a much larger area than the Arbiter used to.

The Planet Cracker wasn't too bad... but neither was it amazing. It certainly does damage but it doesn't look like they've increased its strength significantly.
Report to Mod

The Zerg unit and building regeneration (secluding the Roach), was it the same as in SC1?

I didn't really sufficiently explore this part of the Zerg as it was tough to determine. However the regeneration rate does not stand out in my mind, so I would assume the rate is about the same as it was in SC1.

Please estimate the Marauder's stats, and it's slowing attack. Is it capable of replacing the Medic as the second M in M&M?

Well, obviously, it doesn't heal. I believe it had around 100 HP, or the same as the Ghost. It costs around 75/25 (not 100% on this) and has 80 HP (THIS IS CONFIRMED AT 80 HP). It does 6 dmg (same as Marine) and does +4 bonus versus armored units. It also has a range of 6 (same as Marine). However, when combined with Marines this unit is absolutely deadly effective. Solo it isn't as destructive because of its relatively high cost.

How useful/devastating can a BC be, considering it's late game and all? Is it as unusual to see one on the field of battle as it was in SC1? Plasma torpedoes, effective?

The plasma torpedoes are VERY effective against groups of units if they don't move, but it is possible to avoid it. I did not try using Yamato. However, the BC is now useful in ones and twos rather than just large groups. One or two Battlecruisers can change a battle whereas in SC1 they were only really effective in large groups.

Did you use warp in?

Yes. While units warp in somewhat quickly, I still thought it was a bit slow for it to be practical in use for surprise attacks. I attempted to warp in Dark Templar into an enemy base, and my attempt failed. It was just a bit too slow. Also, the cooldown time at your WarpGate is VERY LONG so unless you're really good at maximizing your build time, it's not entirely worth it.

However, the Phase Prism is very useful. I found it very effective to transform my cannons into plasma form and move them up into offensive positions. This tactic was extremely useful in supporting offensive operations.

Any fun scenarios you remember. Tongue

Ummm.... I used a large group of about 12 stalkers, 15-20 Zealots, 2 WarpRays and 5 or so Nullifiers to entirely wipe out a Terran army. They were walled in behind supply depots and bunkers. So I anti-gravitied a supply depot and three bunkers, rushed in, killed the tanks and other units, then killed the supply depots and bunkers as they returned to earth. Deadly effective.

In another scenario a teammate in a 3v3 (versus Karune) used 12 or so Banshees to effectively fend off a 3 player combined army. We were 2v3 because we lost a partner early and it was basically a matter of time. But he did rather well and finished off one opponent. I also managed to severely cripple the other Terran player with my DTs sneaking in to his mineral line, but Karune was built up enough, and we were significantly weakened. So Karune ended up taking the field.

Do Stalkers practically measure up to the Dragoon but in a slightly less 'in your face' manor?

Yes, the Stalkers are worthy replacements of the Dragoon.

Did you get to raid a base by 'cliff jumping' with the Stalker, how did this work out?

Yes, I did use blink to raid a couple mineral lines. It is very, very effective. The response time of the enemy is drastically reduced and often by the time they react their miners are already dead.

Did players use a lot of raiding tactics with the new 'cliff jump'' mechanic, how did it feel to be raided like this, vice versa?

Actually, for the most part, mostly because we were unfamiliar with the game, most opted to use traditional tactics.

Are drops commonly used, and does Zerg have an air transporter? (e.g. Siege Tank drop)

The Zerg currently do NOT have an air transporter, just the Nydus Worm, but that is very potent.

Did players tend to target the Queen? Would it be a viable tactic to directly use warp-in so units can engage a Queen and kill her quickly using units like Colossus?

Yes, the Queen was targeted, but she isn't strong enough to warrant a special all-out attack just to kill her specifically.

So are they planning or experimenting to add or change the current static base defenses like the toss phase canons. like new AOE static defenses. POWERFUL single static base defense? floating static base defenses? please say yes. ^^

As far as I can tell they are not planning any more base defense mechanisms. The Zerg's base defenses are the only ones that are clearly subject to change because they are so radically different.

The attack animation of the Phase Cannon is weak. I agree with that statement. I had trouble telling which units they were shooting much of the time because it travels very fast and is rather light, so its difficult to see in a confusing battle.

However, I think SC2 is steering away from effective static defenses in this game. Cannons weren't nearly as effective at stopping rushes as they have been in the past. Two cannons will NOT stop a concerted effort from your foes in 2v2.

Is blizzard trying to implement the day and night cycle in the game? just like the short clip in blizzcon where there is a colossus attacking some turrets in a very dark(night) enivronment.

please say yes this time. ^^

The design team was certainly considering this option, but they said any effects, including weather effects, would be determined by beta testing further down the road. They do not want to affect gameplay in any way. They did mention that there are currently weather effects on Char maps.

And whats the best looking terran unit overall for you? i want to know what do you think about the terran units models in real gameplay.

Personally I think the Ghost and the Seige Tank look absolutely great. The Ghost seems a lot slimmer and they may have eliminated his backpack. In contrast I'm not a big fan of the Viking in air mode. It just looks chinsey at this time. But in ground mode he is very imposing, but weak in actual combat. We'll see where that unit goes.

How fast do the larva appear?

About the same speed as they did in SC1, perhaps a bit faster, but not noticeably so.

If you cancel a zerg unit production will the egg die or revert back to a larva?

The egg dies.

How fast are overlords now? similar to sc1 or not.

Actually, without upgrade, they're pretty slow. Probably the same speed as in SC1. But Overseers are rather quick, and so are upgraded Overlords.

1. Is the physic storm and it's animation pretty? Karune said that screenshots do not justify it. What do you think yourself? And as for gameplay, is it still popular vs. masses of Zerg units?

The animation was only used once i the games I was playing, and it does cover a slightly smaller area. However, the animation is pretty cool. While I wouldn't say the screen shots don't do it justice, it doesn't look as weak in actual gameplay.

2. I like the new individual Zerg unit upgrading system you recently told us about. I am just wondering how it works. For every lvl, does the attack and carapace, and possibly even an ability get added?

Ex. lvl 1 Zergling - Nothing.
lvl 2 Zergling - Carapace 1, Melee 1, Metabolic Boost.
lvl 3 Zergling - Carapace 2, Melee 2, Metabolic Boost, Adrenal Glands.

Is this how the system works? Or do they start at lvl 0 (otherwise Zerg units will not be able to get lvl 3 carapace, spines etc)?

This is pretty much how it works except that Metabolic boost is at lvl 1. And yes, zerg units start at lvl 0.

3. Did the Viking (and the Thor) cover all Terran AA needed? Then perhaps there is no need for a Predator equivalent.

While the Thor is very effective, I wouldn't say that the Terran are taken care of. I think all Terran players would prefer to have the option of a more mobile air unit.

4. Is there gas similar to the yellow, high yield minerals?

Similar? High Yield minerals were present on every map we played. They were a high spot of contention and a HUGE advantage if you could attain them. It's a good gameplay mechanic.

5. Did you ever mine from yellow minerals? Worth to fight for?

Yes, I did. They're not absolutely necessary to your victory, but you will need two expos instead of just one at a high mineral field in order to counter its value. However, while it is high yield, it also contains about the same minerals, but you will gain them faster.

6. Does Terran and Zerg really lack detection, or did all Z and T players just forget to use their new detection mechanics?

Terran has a lot of detection with their Sensor Towers, but because their range is so significant, they often only build one or two. So it was quite easy to walk in and wipe it out before progressing on to other parts of the base, or to use another unit to take it out in a suicide attack. I did this a number of times to different players. Even with the need for the Overseer upgrade, Zerg players did not seem to be wanting for detection. The Shriekers are very useful even without detection and easy to attain. Also, the Overseer upgrade is very easy to obtain and does not require additional tech beyond the lair.

7. How well do the Immortals fare vs. Zerg? Most Zerg units do less than 10 damage.

Immortals are pretty effective against Ultralisks, but I think its pretty apparent that you don't want to use them against regular Zerg troops. They're not the weapon of choice, for certain.

8. Did the Medic have any abilities we don't know about? How do you use Flare and for what?

The Medic was not in the build we played. And the Medivac Dropship had no other abilities other than heal.

9. Your units will no longer be revealed when attacking. Did you ever shoot from a cliff to leave the opponent confused about your whereabouts? Or did someone else do it to you? Are strategies like these effective?

This was not used in combat as far as I know, but probably only because we were only partially aware of it.

10. Are there visual changes to the Queen when it levels up, more than an increase in size?
I think it should be similar to Hatchery->Lair->Hive. The final Queen should be spikey and totally grotesque.

She seemed only to increase in size. But she's huge by the time she reaches level 3.

11. Which rax/fact/port units benefit from the Reactor addon?

Barracks = Marine, Factory = Tank, Starport = Viking

12. Are the factions overly dependent on certain units? Sounds like Terran will rely on Siege Tanks again. Same thing with Zerg and Protoss?

Yes, from what I could see the Terran are either reliant upon the Banshee or the Tank, but I was pleasantly suprised by this. The Banshee is actually effective enough that you can skip tanks if you get them quickly enough.

The Protoss are very adaptable and do not rely on one type of unit. However, you need either a lot of Zealots of some Colossus against Zerg. But you do not require both.

The Zerg are very unpolished at this time, but yes, they need to use Banelings and Roaches to counter Zealots, especially once the Zealots get Charge.

13. Estimate the tier 3 Hydralisk's stats (It was tier 3 when you played, right? They were planning on making it tier 2 though). It must have been buffed somewhat.

While it must have been buffed, it didn't seem overly so. The Hydralisk was still not effective enough even to take down Colossi in a group, which I had assumed they would be since they were at a higher tier and ranged. I think the Hydralisk was a bit weak for being at Tier 3 and I expect it to be moved to a lower tier.

Would Ghost be realiable attacking behind Marines, meaning is their general damage and rate of fire useful in battle or are they only worth using when sniping and nuking?

The Ghost has an effective attack but it is no more effective than Marines.

When you used the Nomad, did you initiate any assult tactics with it?
Could a large group of Nomad turrets kill an expansion?

The Turret is VERY effective against miners and small units. It was able to stand up to a tank 1v1, but it will not win large battles for you. Also, it is very ineffective against buildings.

If the Thor is still built from an SCV and you canceled its production half way would it take a short time to 'dismental' or did it just stop straight away?

The Thor is built from the factory.

How was the salvage ability to your liking?

I disliked Salvage because I think it's a bit unfair to get all your money back. However, it is very effective. You can disassemble unnecessary buildings.

Now I'm going to ask how units would fare 1 on 1 and in equal groups in combat:

Immortal vs Ultralisk?

Immortal would inflict more damage, but would eventually lose because of the Ultralisk's high HP, that's assuming the Immortal has the Hardened Shield upgrade.

Phoenix vs Mutalisk?

Phoenix for sure. A Phoenix can take on 2-3 Mutalisks even without Overload.

Viking vs Stalker?

Stalker wins even without blink.

Hydralisk vs Viking?

This is not a matchup I actually saw... one on one I would say the Viking wins, but it would be close.

Stalker vs Hydralisk

Stalker, hands down.

Assult Mode Crucio vs Roach?

Hmm.... close matchup. Probably the tank though. The only question here is the regen rate of the Roach relative to the damage of the tank.

Very interesting! Does this mean that you can construct Siege Tanks right off the bat? Because as far as I know the Reactor benefiting unit is supposed to be the unit that doesn't require a Teck Lab or an Armory.
Doesn't this make Siege Tanks extremely potent rushers (even without Siege mode, since Assault mode seems to be somewhat stronger) ?

I actually think I'm wrong about the tank. I think it benefits the Jackal. Undecided Sorry to get you excited!

And I thought that the Viking was a Factory unit again! Does this mean that there is room for one more in the Factory?

The Viking is definitely a Starport unit.

Question:
-Did you noticed any Terran building that is now able to lift off that was existed in Sc1 but wasnt able to lift back then?

No that I'm aware of. It was all the traditional buildings... pretty much anything that can build a unit, plus the Engineering Bay.

-i havent seen anyone (or maybe i missed it) talking about the Starport, is there any building that produces the Battlecrusers + Banshees and is there anyscreenshot showing with that?

I haven't seen any screenshots of it, and the building is rather unremarkable anyway.

-what was the in the current build the Motherships abilities? did you tried any?comment?

Cloaking, Planet Cracker, and Void. Void is similar to black hole.

Here is a couple more questions. First how has the Carrier changed from SC1 or has it chnaged at all? Do groups of Carriers still put the kind of fear into your opponent as they did in the original?

The AI for the Carrier seemed a bit different, but it is otherwise unchanged. I opted to use the WarpRay much more readily because it is just so effective against so many units. It rips through tanks, Ultras, anything with an HP of higher than 150. I'm sure its still fearsome but in such a fast paced game it's tough to amass large, high-tiered air forces.

In general did any race stand out in ground or air strength by comparisson to the other 2 races? And if any did why did they?

The Protoss are overly strong on the ground because of the Colossus. I didn't test them against tanks but if you can get more than 4 in a group your opponent is in trouble on the ground. In the air I think the advantage currently goes to the Zerg. The Corruptor is very potent.

Elaborating on Lk's question, could you divide it up into which race controls ground/air, early, mid, and late game.
Also, which race is pretty stable thru out the game if any?

Protoss is by far the most stable race. All of their units are useful in some capacity. That's just not true of the Zerg or Terran at the moment. Early game Protoss seem to rule the land. Zerg aren't as potent as they used to be because of our lack of understanding of how their defensive structures function. Terran have a REALLY easy time blocking their main entrance, but the Protoss anti-gravity abiliity will take care of that problem very quickly.

As mid-game approaches and Roaches come out, the momentum swings to the Zerg until Protoss gets a lot of Stalkers or the Colossus. Seige Tanks are somewhere mixed in there with the Marines and Marauders, so there is obviously room for a Terran Tank push. However, if the Protoss manages to get more than 4 or so Colossi and a few Stalkers, someone is in trouble.

In the air, the WarpRay is king against ground units but the Banshee is also very potent. I would give the Protoss the edge in the air because I don't think the Viking will cut it in the air alone. The Phoenix and the WarpRay are both good air units.

But when the Corruptor shows up all air units are in trouble because of its ability to turn units.

The Mothership is obviously potent but will not buy you air superiorty. Zerg still has the advantage in the air ATM. Just watch out for the Thor.

Based on the blatant strengths and weaknesses of each race what changes/additions to each race's units do you forsee coming? Also what do you personaly want to see changed?

I think the Baneling will go up to Tier 3 and the Hydralisk and Lurker will drop back to where they were in SC1.

I also think we'll see some nerfing of the Colossus, possibly back to its old form because it's just too strong right now.

Furthermore there will be some changes with the Medivac Dropship and the transport mechanisms of the Zerg. The Overlords might either get the ability to transport or Zerg might see a unit able to climb cliffs.

Lastly I think we'll see some role shifts with the Viking, Thor, etc. The usual stuff. Cheesy

What abilities does the archon have now?

As far as I'm concerned, none. There is a rumored ability called Power Overwhelming that increases its splash damage for a short time while weakening its shields. However, this was not in the build we played and has not been confirmed by Blizzard, so I will continue to treat it as rumor.

Is there still a dedicated ATA unit for the Terrans?

The Viking and Battlecruiser are the only ATA units available. They do a decent job but I'm still of the opinion that a specialized ATA fighter is necessary.

How much armor does the shield upgrade give to the marines?

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I know they are buffed. I believe it increases their HP by 15 points to 65.

And does the thor still have the bombardment ability?

The Thor did not have any abilities in the build we tested. Just it's attack

1. Did you see the new Swarm Guardian? According to the information on the new Zerg,, as you can see them on every SC II fansite, there have been taken some pictures of most Zerg units. Nevertheless no fansite has a picture or a screenshot of the new Swarm Guardian.
How does it look like? Those old Guardians, you can see in SC are really impressive. They're relatively huge and remind me of some mantas. Is the Swarm Guardian as huge as the old Guarding (compared to other units like the Mutalisk, the Overseer or the Ultralisk) and is it resembling the old Guardian (manta like appearance, those arms at the side, are its teeth visible?)? Sry for those exact questions, but I'm really interested in this unit, as it isn' great mentioned in any other forum or seen on a screenshot yet.

The new Swarm Guardian is very similar to the old Guardian. I'm pretty sure they used the same model and just made it larger and 3D. It's probably just a placeholder model. The broodlings picture (that used to be a Queen ability) is the same picture as from SC1. A lot of units in the current builds are just placeholder, i.e. the Nullifier.

2. Your model of the Nomad is really amazing.^^ Compared to the old Nomad it has changed positivley. Nevertheless I hope that its smoothy and very detailed. Does this ring round the ship move like the warpray does? I cannot wait till we will see the new model. Did you play with the Nomad or did you just fight against it?

The rings don't move. It's basically just an outer shell of plating that conceals the inner hull. I'm not 100% on how close my model actually looks to the new Nomad, but it's pretty close. I fought against it and then messed around with Terran and built it just to see it.

3. As the dropship was changed to the Medivac Dropship, did Blizzard change the design of the model? I donnot hope so as the old dropship really looked great. How does the Mediavic Dropshipt look like?

It has the same model as the Dropship we've seen for SC2, but the colors are red and white. Think of it like a Red Cross Dropship. Cheesy

4. Did Blizzard tell you if they''re planing to produce more units for Terran and especially Zerg?

They were very clear in that the units for each race are not yet finished. They also mentioned that they are trying to keep the unit count of each race around 12 or 13. So they don't want to add too many units. But we will probably see some unit changes in the coming months.

5. The Thor was changed a bit as I heard. Are the cannons on the back of the Thor stay down as seen on a new screenshot?

Yes, the Thor does not utilize its shoulder cannons as far as I can tell. It only uses the cannons in its arms.

6. Last but not least one personal question: What was your favorite race in SC II when you were able to play all three of them?

I thought the Protoss were very polished and finished and I spent most of my time playing them mostly because there was actually some competition present and I wanted to play well. The Zerg are most definitely the most interesting and fun to play ath the moment, though.
Quelle: http://www.starcraft2forum.org/index.ph ... c=6433.120

So... das war jetzt ne Menge. Ich hoffe ihr blickt da durch, da ich mehrere Fragen und Antworten zusammengewürfelt hab und nicht jedesmal nen eigenen Kasten machen wollte.
Aber es sind eine Menge interessanter Infos dabei, die reichlich an Diskussionsmöglichkeiten bieten.^^
Viel Spaß beim Lesen.
HelterSkelter
Adler

Beitrag von HelterSkelter »

Also das was man immer wieder von den Terranern liest, gefällt mir irgendwie ganz und gar nicht. Mir kommt es teilweise vor, als seien die Zerg schon eher fertig, als die Terraner. Über den Viking hört man ständig schlechtes, sowie über die Luftabwehr der Terraner im Allgemeinen. Denke mal Blizzard sollte echt überlegen, ob man den Predator wieder zurückholen sollte, sodass die Terraner auch eine fähige und schnelle AtA Einheit hätten.

Die Zeitbombe, eine sehr interessante Fähigkeit, über die sich scheinbar sowohl Blizzard als auch die Fans soooo viele Gedanken gemacht haben, wurde einfach aus dem Spiel genommen... denke mal Blizzard hat das einfach mit der Balance nicht hinbekommen. So weit so gut, aber dafür kehrt jetzt das Schwarze Loch in Form von Leere (wenn mans mal 1:1 übersetzt ^^) zurück und greift sowohl Luft als auch Bodeneinheiten an ? "Zerstört alles innerhalb weniger Sekunden" wie es in dem Text heißt, nur wozu ist dann noch der Planetenbrecher da ?

Alleine bei Protoss und Terranern scheint noch so vieles nicht ganz geklärt zu sein, dass ich mich echt frage, ob das 2008 noch was wird mit dem SC2 Release ^^ Ich mein selbst wenn die Einheiten an sich schon stehen, muss ja immernoch haargenau Schaden, HP usw abgeklärt werden, bis das wirklich ins kleinste Detail stimmt.
A-Knopf
Moderator in Rente
Moderator in Rente
Liga 1vs1: Diamant
Liga 2vs2: Meister
Mainrace: Random

Beitrag von A-Knopf »

"Zerstört alles innerhalb weniger Sekunden" wie es in dem Text heißt, nur wozu ist dann noch der Planetenbrecher da ?
Ich hab die Stelle, die du meinst, auch schonmal gelesen und ich meine da stand "töte alles NACH ein paar Sekunden". D.h. du hast ein paar Sekunden Zeit um zu reagieren, wenn du nicht reagierst wird alles in dem Bereich getötet. So ähnlich wie beim Flammeschlag in WC3.
Alleine bei Protoss und Terranern scheint noch so vieles nicht ganz geklärt zu sein, dass ich mich echt frage, ob das 2008 noch was wird mit dem SC2 Release ^^ Ich mein selbst wenn die Einheiten an sich schon stehen, muss ja immernoch haargenau Schaden, HP usw abgeklärt werden, bis das wirklich ins kleinste Detail stimmt.
Eines sollte klar sein. 100%ige Balance bekommt man nur nach jahrelangem Spielen durch die Pros hin. Eine Betaphase wird sicher viel bewirken, aber auch in einer betaphase können nicht alle Strategien und Konterstrategien gefunden werden. Erst die Pros machen eine bestimmte Einheit "imba".

Ein gutes Beispiel ist das Matchup human vs undead in wc3. Zuerst haben da IMMER die UDs gewonnen. Dann kam ein Spieler auf die Idee, massig Tower und Panzer zu bauen und den UD langsam zu zermürben. Danach waren die Humans klar im Vorteil. Erst ein Patch konnte diesen Vorteil wieder ausgleichen. Denn Panzer geben jetzt mehr XP wenn sie getötet werden und füttern damit quasi die Helden vom Gegner.
Bild
"thumbs up to not thumbing up comments that ask for thumbs up"
- Random youtube.com comment
Ghost-Rider
Berserker

Beitrag von Ghost-Rider »

Kann mir jemand mal erklären was das hier zu bedeuten hat ?
"And does the thor still have the bombardment ability?
The Thor did not have any abilities in the build we tested. Just it's attack "
"Did you use the Thor, if so was it really that effective?
The Thor is VERY effective against air units. It is unimpressive against ground units. It also moves rather quickly for its size."
Soll das heißen, dass der Thor jetzt hauptsächlich eine AA- Unit ist und keinen Bombardement Effekt mehr besitzt ?
Wenn ja wäre das ja wirklich lächerlich. Die größte Ground-Unit ist extrem schwach gegen Bodenziele.

[Edit] Danke HelterSkelter für die schnelle Antwort
Zuletzt geändert von Ghost-Rider am 17.03.2008, 14:45, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
HelterSkelter
Adler

Beitrag von HelterSkelter »

Ja genau das soll es heißen, steht ja schließlich auch genau so da :wink:

Und lächerlich finde ich das eigentlich nicht. Nur weil eine Einheit extrem groß ist, muss das ja nicht heißen, dass sie gleichzeitig gut mit Bodeneinheiten klar kommen muss. Du könntest ja auch einen Panzer bringen, der größer ist als der Belagerungspanzer, mit nem riesigen Flak-Geschütz oben drauf, dann würdest du das auch nicht lächerlich finden, dass diese Einheit schlecht gegen Bodeneinheiten ist, obwohl sie größer als der Belagerungspanzer ist, weil ein Flak-Geschütz nunmal zur Luftabwehr da ist. Ich würde mal behaupten, dein Bild vom Thor als ultimative Waffe gegen Bodeneinheiten rührt einfach aus seiner früheren Rolle, wo er nämlich genau das war. Nur ist es eben Käse, wenn die Terraner 2 Einheiten haben, die genau diesselbe Rolle in der Armee haben und deswegen musste sich der Thor vom Belagerungspanzer unterscheiden. Das heißt ja noch lange nicht, dass dies die endgültige Version des Thor ist.
GarfieldKlon
Moderator des Schwarmstocks
Moderator des Schwarmstocks
Liga 1vs1: Keine
Liga 2vs2: Keine
Mainrace: Zerg

Beitrag von GarfieldKlon »

Puuuh. Endlich durchgearbeitet. Ja also schon soweit interessant. Man merkt das viele kleinere Änderungen gemacht wurden und bekommt alleine von der länge ein Gefühl was da alles gemacht werden muss.
How many different turrets did the nomad have?

Just one turret.
Also nur ein Turm der aber anscheinend richtig reinhaut. Interessant.
Und die Minen die es legen kann (sofern das nicht auch schon wiede verändert wurde).
║▌║█║║▌║█║ Warnung! Falscher oder fehlender Kaffee - Benutzer angehalten --(◔̯◔)--
Exekutor[NHF]
Moderator der Stämme
Moderator der Stämme
Liga 1vs1: Diamant
Liga 2vs2: Keine
Mainrace: Protoss

Beitrag von Exekutor[NHF] »

Das waren tatsächlich sehr viele Informationen und vieles davon kannte ich auch noch nicht (eigentlich die ganze untere Hälfte). Es ändert sich viel und ich bin auch bei viele Sachen nicht unbedingt glücklich darüber, aber ich habe das Spiel noch nicht gespielt und deshalb kann ich auch nicht beurteilen, ob es nicht besser so ist.

Blizzard spielst das Spiel sehr oft und kann deshalb gut einschätzen, wie sinnvoll die einzelnen Sachen sind. Ich hoffe, sie tuen wie immer das richtige. Fraglich ist nur, wie es von jetzt an weitergeht. Vieles ändert sich aber sie müssen sich irgendwann auch festlegen und ich hoffe, das passiert schnell genug, damit die Betaphase bald anrollen kann.

Exekutor.
Martin: What is the advantage of being able to touch one's noes with the tongue?
Marie: I'm one step ahead of you in the evolution!
. fenix .:.
Schleicher

Beitrag von . fenix .:. »

Also ich denke man muss sich jetzt noch gar keine sorgen um einheiten und so was machen , weil blizzard das spiel niemals aus der hand gibt bis es nicht wirklich blizzard niveau hat sprich: die strategiehitliste anfuhrt

Kleiner tipp: am 26. Marz erscheint eine sc2 preview in der gamestar - die redakteure durften auch zerg spielen - also sicherlich interresant wie die das spiel jetzt einschaetzen
Bild
Bifi85
Sonde

Beitrag von Bifi85 »

Mal so nebenbei aus dem Blizzardforum: Das beste was ich bis jetzt an Ideen zu SC2 auf einem Haufen gesehen habe: Nelstars SC2 Feedback
Antworten