[News] Cavez zum Nomaden und Thor (nur der Übersicht wegen)

Diskutiert über die menschlichen Überlebenskünstler aus Starcraft.

Moderatoren: Exekutor[NHF], Deathwing, GarfieldKlon, G A F, SaVi

Gesperrt
Exekutor[NHF]
Moderator der Stämme
Moderator der Stämme
Liga 1vs1: Diamant
Liga 2vs2: Keine
Mainrace: Protoss

[News] Cavez zum Nomaden und Thor (nur der Übersicht wegen)

Beitrag von Exekutor[NHF] »

Diese Informatoinen sind schon in anderen Threads eingebaut, hier werde ich sie noch einmal zusammenstellen und übersetzen.

Hier findet ihr den Thread zum Nomaden und hier den zum Thor.

Zu den Posts:
Cavez hat geschrieben:Yeah, we're still working on the specifics on this guy. For those of you who made it to BlizzCon you saw some of the ideas that are in the works but things have changed a bit since then.

The Science Vessel abilities are great but we are trying to provide new strategies as well. We'll have to see what happens with the specifics on the Nomad as we continue to test. The Nomad is starting to feel pretty different from the Sci-Vessel since his abilities are based around constructing things and those things can be destroyed.

EMP is in the current build of the game. Irradiate is not, nor is the old style D-Matrix.
Übersetzung:
Ja, wir arbeiten immer noch an den Besonderheiten dieser Einheit. Alle diejenigen unter euch, die bei der BlizzCon waren, haben einen Eindruck von unseren Ideen bekommen an denen wir arbeiten, aber das hat sich seitdem etwas geändert.

Die Fähigkeiten des Forschungsschiffes sind großartig aber wir versuchen auch neue Strategien anzubieten. Wir werden sehen was mit der Besonderheit dieser Einheit passiert, wenn wir sie weiterhin testen. Der Nomade fängt an sich anders spielen zu lassen als das Forschungsschiff, da seine Fähigkeiten mehr im Bereich der Konstruktion zerstörbarer Dinge liegen.

Die EMP-Fähigkeit gibt es momentan im Spiel. Bestrahlung ist nicht dabei und auch die Verteidigungsmatrix hat es momentan nicht geschafft.

Cavez hat geschrieben:
I really like the Nomad now, it really plays the role of a flying construction vehicle.

I'm sad to hear that Irradiate won't be back, i had suggested a while ago that it would be cool to have a self-irradiating ability that you could fly around over the Zerg with. I like the new AoE D-Matrix though, could really help your Ghost last those few extra secs while the Nuke comes down.

But I still really hate that new SCV pic of yours Cavez...
This guy was much better looking, didn't look like a 80's truck driver.
http://www.evula.com/starcraft/terran/units/scv.html

Irradiate isn't gone, it's just "Not in right now." Those are very different places to be. I can't tell you how many times EMP has come and gone only to come back again.=)
Übersetzung:
Bestrahlung ist nicht weg, es ist nur momentan nicht im Spiel. Das sind sehr verschiedene Aspekte. Ich kann euch nicht mal mehr sagen, wie oft die EMP-Schockwelle dabei war und wieder rausgeflogen ist, nur um an Ende doch wieder dabei zu sein.
Cavez hat geschrieben:
Despite what was said, I'm not certain that the Thor assumed the entirety of the Cobra's role; after all, Karune has misworded things before.

The Cobra, as it was before, was only an effective anti-air unit because it was cheap enough to be massed. It was better against large targets than small, and wasn't fast enough to really chase anything (although its slowing attack might have helped). In that regard, the only thing that has changed is the ability to mass, as the Thor is much more expensive.

We know *for certain* that the Thor now has the Cobra's anti-armor bonus, which, from a purely aesthetic view, makes more sense on the Thor anyway. The fate of the Cobra, however, remains in question.

If the Cobra were to remain (which is still a notable possibility), the most sensible role it could fill would be a moderate GtA position. Likely with a medium-strength, no-bonus attack that does reasonably well against the medium units that Marines and the Thor are troubled with, but not as well against small units as Marines, or large units as the Thor.

As for the Artillery Bombardment ability of the Thor overlapping with the Siege Tank, well...that's not entirely accurate. It's longer range than the Tank's Siege Mode, and it does more damage, but it is energy-dependent and, therefore, can only be used to temporarily deny an area, whereas the Tank can cover the same area indefinitely (and with a wider field too). If anything, it overlaps with the Nuke, but it has its own differences with that as well.

The Cobra is out, the Thor is in, but it's not a "replacement" in the ways you guys are thinking of it since the Cobra and the Thor do such very different things.

We are just testing this idea for the Thor. In general I prefer to shield you guys from whacky ideas like this because I know that some of our ideas will be bad, and then you guys will get very grumpy with us for pitching you bad ideas. =(

But here's what I can tell you about the Thor in the current build:
- He is big, but the art is smaller than what we showed in the last demo, so he takes up less space and he can path a little better.
- He turns fairly quickly. Turn speed is not a balance factor.
- He has a lot of health (400 right now).
- He's not super expensive (250/200 right now).
- He has a good bonus vs. armored units on the ground and he tends to waste a lot of damage on small units.
- His AA missiles are effective but not crushing. You can over-whelm him with enough air. His pathing size does limit his mobility when trying to chase fast moving air units.
- His shoulder guns are not currently in opperation. If we keep the current design the art will change.
- He does great against Stalkers, and several secret Terran and Zerg units. He also does well against most (but not all) air units.
- He is balanced so that if you kill him and then leave him disabled while he burns down you will do pretty well. If you fight both the Thor and the Disabled Thor then things tend to go pretty well for the Thor (for cost).
- The current Thor is countered by range, mobility or certain powerful anti-armor units.

Right now he's kind of fun. I don't know if he's fun enough for StarCraft 2 or not. That will take a few more weeks at least.
Übersetzung:
Die Kobra ist weg, der Thor ist dabei, allerdings nicht als Ersatz wie ihr denkt, da die Kobra und der Thor völlig unterschiedliche Rollen einnehmen.

Wir testen nur gerade diese Idee für den Thor. Grundsätzlich bevorzuge ich es, euch vor solchen hirnrissigen Ideen abzuschirmen weil ich weiß, dass einige unserer Ideen schlecht sein werden und ihr euch dann darüber ärgert, dass wir euch schlechte Ideen zukommen lassen.

Aber das hier kann ich euch über den Thor in seinem Momentanen Zustand sagen:
  • -Er ist groß, aber er ist kleiner als ihr ihn bei der letzten Demo gesehen habt. Also nimmt er weniger Platz ein und kann sich besser im Gelände bewegen.
    -Er dreht sich ziemlich schnell. Die Drehgeschwindigkeit ist auch kein Balancing-Faktor.
    -Er hat ziemlich viele Lebenspunkte (momentan 400).
    -Er ist nicht überteuert (momentan 250/200)
    -Er hat einen guten Bonus beim Angreifen von gepanzerten Einheiten und er tendiert dazu, viel Schaden an kleinen Einheiten zu verschwenden.
    -Seine AntiAir-Raketen sind effektiv aber nicht zerstörerisch und man kann ihn mit genügend Luft überrennen. Seine Größe vermindert seine Mobilität bei der Verfolgung von schnellen Lufteinheiten.
    -Seine Schulterkanonen haben momentan keine Aufgabe. Wenn wir die aktuellen Fähigkeiten behalten, wird sich sein Aussehen aber noch ändern.
    -Er schlägt sich gut gegen Hetzer und einige geheime Terraner- und Zergeinheiten. Er ist auch effektiv gegen die meisten (aber nicht alle) Lufteinheiten.
    -Er ist so ausgeglichen, dass – wenn man ihn zerstört und dann liegen abbrennend liegen lässt – man ziemlich gut damit zurande kommt. Wenn man sowohl den Thor als auch den bewegungsunfähigen Thor bekämpft, dann schlagen sich diese ziemlich gut (im Kosten-Nutzen-Verhältnis).
    -Der Thor wird momentan von Einheiten mit einem Reichweitenangriff, einer hohen Beweglichkeit und einigen Einheiten mit starken Schaden gegen gepanzerte Einheiten gekontert.

Momentan macht es viel Spaß mit ihm. Ich weiß nicht, ob das genug ist damit er in StarCraft 2 bleibt oder nicht. Es wird noch mindestens einige Wochen dauern um das zu testen.

Quellen: Thread 1 und Thread 2

Exekutor

~closed~
Martin: What is the advantage of being able to touch one's noes with the tongue?
Marie: I'm one step ahead of you in the evolution!
Gesperrt