1. Will Beta be released in phases still or is it a global release?
Zhydaris: God forbid, I am here on purpose. Then, the objective now is to release the beta "globally" , Then simultaneously in all regions. If this is not possible due to unforeseen problems, the Beta for Europe and Italy arrived in each case a very short distance (even a few days, not talking about weeks). But again, our plan is currently in Beta release simultaneously in all regions by the end of the month.
2. When will you reply to those who opted in through Battle.net? (Or have they already been sent?) What can you actually test in the beta? When looking at graphics and features, is beta be in a form that's "release ready" or a specific partial version that was created for the beta? When you can create a Battle.net 2.0 beta account? Will I create the real name ID? How will we register the account? Will those who registered in beta have their information retained in later phases? How does highly common "read-id" names work such as "John". In beta, can I immediately use it to get in touch with my old WoW friends?
Zhydaris: The calls will start probably a couple of days before the actual launch of the Beta. The beta is multiplayer only, with some features of Battle.Net 2.0 already in the client (friends list, party system, etc..). Nothing campaign. The game version will be updated very often and will often be subject to change, but this does not mean that the graphics will not be complete or whatever.
The exception will be made localized versions, which may have missing sounds (to reduce the size of the client) or placeholder for some translations. Nothing to worry about anyway.
The cross-game functionality will not be present. No chatting with friends on WoW for now :)
Upon first login will be asked to enter a new nickname in the form Nickname.nick (Zhydaris.Blizz, MarioZerg.Clan, etc..). Currently the first part of the nickname is not "unique", so more people can choose MarioZerg, but only one person has the combination MarioZerg.Clan.
3. Will the ranking features be active during the beta? Is there a "recycling" of the keys? (eg if a tester might not concerned too much about the game play and reports fairly, then the key is removed and given to another) (I sincerely hope you do;)) Will we be testing "ums" maps also or just traditional map? There will be some sort of reward or incentive for the players more active and / or more collaborative in terms of suggestions and bugs reports?
Zhydaris: The matchmaking system will certainly be active, the rankings are a different matter, but I'm sure it comes time to test those too:) The keys will be distributed and collected in different circumstances and needs, sí. Currently there are several maps to be tested, then we will see what to add / remove. We're looking at possible incentives for the most active.
4.You have already spoken of localized versions in different languages (I had assumed that the beta was only in English), I'd like to know if any beta-testers will automatically set the language to their country or if there is a choice of language to use.
Zhydaris: In fact, our goal is to make available localized versions for the various test them properly. The automatic language settings ... we are evaluating the options to be honest, will tell you when it becomes official.
5. I am very happy with the announcement and I hope to receive mail from Blizzard. How can I qualify for it... something inside of my account battle net?
Zhydaris: Yes, in the main page of your account you should see a small icon "SC2 Beta" written in green and a "Beta Profile Settings". There you will find the option to give your availability for the Beta.
6. Regarding clan names, are you limiting the format of how we write our names? Typical formats are nomeclan.nick (For example, I am SoL.ChoBo) or [nomeclan] nick (would be [SoL] Chobe) and so on ... It looks like Blizzard has decided to make this format is required (at least in Beta) in the format Nick.Clan (I would be ChoBo.SoL). It is not clear what one should do if they are not part of a clan, I think they should be able to write what they please. If this is true, it could cause problems as anyone can reserve a clan name without approval for being in that clan. I'm just speculating but can you clarify?
Zhydaris: No no, it has nothing to do with clan name, which will appear in another way:) It is simply two levels of recognition. The first is the generic nickname, which can be a duplicate. The second is an additional identifier.
Let me give an example: You choose ChObO.qualcosa. Guy chooses ChObO.qualcosaltro. The name will be displayed normally Chobo in both cases (loading screens of games, chat games, etc..), The second nickname comes into play only on statistics, chat outside the game, etc.etc. Another totally random example:"Do you know Mario?" "I know several" "Mario, who live on Mar Sara" "Ahhh FAR Mario, yes, I know!"
I know it sounds complicated, but it's easier than it seems:)
7. Will the system requirements be issued before or simultaneously to the beta? Will there be all game type? (1vs1, 3vs3 and so on)
Zhydaris: From 1vs1 up it will all be available, no exception. The requirements will come in due course, yes.
8. All this has nothing to do with the concept of Real ID, yes?
Zhydaris: In a way, yes: the name that will appear to those not within your "real life" friends. The latter will be able to display your real name, all others do not. But take everything with [an open mind]. Battle.net, Real ID and everything could change between now and launch.
9. How can we test the game? (Ie, shipped via mail or via the famous account b.net key) and after which we will have to download the package on our PC? How Big will it be? It also looks like you avoided the question about beta distributions. Did you "escape" the question or is it that you can not speak on it/still deciding?
Zhydaris: We have not yet released the number of calls that will be sent because it is not yet final. The game will be downloadable from your account Battle.Net and will appear in the list of games owned. The size of the client are currently fairly small, we hope to be under the 3gb, but we'll see how it will be the Beta client on the day of its release :)
10. Can you make one thing clear, will this be open or closed beta?
Zhydaris: It will not be open to the public, you must have a beta key.